Job Opportunity – Warehouse Technician – Leesburg, FL
Who We Are
StateServ Medical is the premier durable medical equipment (DME) provider in the hospice industry. We have provided hospice focused DME services across the United States for the past decade, offering services from both our Brick and Mortar operations and through our Network of over two-hundred fifty DME providers. StateServ has network coverage across 48 states and is the only DME Benefit Manager to implement multiple national hospice organizations.
If you enjoy working with people in need, like variance in a daily routine, and enjoy being out and about this may be the role for you!
Position: Durable Medical Equipment Technician
With direct supervision, this role supports warehouse operations through the receipt, inventory, cleaning, repair and stocking of durable medical equipment materials and supplies.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Receives equipment, products and materials. Verifies packing lists, unpacks equipment, assembles and brands equipment with the appropriate StateServ information.
- Assists with inventory management control and methods by organizing the equipment and supplies, tracking daily delivery and receipt activities against stock and ensuring PAR levels are up to date.
- While following standard operating procedures tests equipment for proper function, cleans and sanitizes received equipment to ensure it is appropriate for redistribution. Logs cleaning and testing activities following standard operating procedures.
- Reconciles inventory as reflected in the system with daily delivery paperwork and makes note of discrepancies to account for missed or overlooked deliveries or drop offs.
- Maintains the warehouse by ensuring that equipment is placed in the proper areas, cleans the floors and takes out the trash as needed.
- Ensures that trucks and other vehicles are prepped and ready for route deployment. This may include but is not limited to fueling vehicles.
- Stocks trucks for daily equipment deliveries to ensure an adequate level of equipment is available.
- Acts as a backup for DME Technicians and on occasion may perform deliveries, drop-offs and service calls.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Work Experience, Related Experience and Licensure:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment is highly preferred but not required. Experience driving a forklift, pallet racking and utilizing pallet jacks is also preferred.
- Ability to pass a motor vehicle records check (MVR) having it show no major violations (including DUI) in the past 3 consecutive years, no more than 2 minor violations or at-fault accidents in the past 3 years and no more than 1 moving violation in the past 3 years. If between the ages of 21 and 25, MVR must be clean with NO violations and have a valid drivers license in effect for at least 3 consecutive years
- At least six months experience in a role that entailed regular interface with customers
- Experience in the healthcare or medical fields in which incumbents have worked with durable medical equipment is preferred
- One year previous delivery or warehouse experience preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions is required to ensure accurate completion of DME deliveries, exchanges and pick-ups
- The ability to protect and maintain the confidentiality of patient protected health information and follow standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with CHAP and HIPAA is required
- The ability to operate a 14-16 foot box truck in a safe manner is essential
- The ability to follow a city map and navigate a new daily route is required
- A safety orientation is required to perform work (e.g., driving, delivery, set up, loading and stocking of durable medical equipment as described) and follow safety operating procedures
- Spanish speaking skills are desirable but not required
- Working knowledge and experience with mobile phone equipment is required to relay information to customer service and perform on-call coverage
- Ability to utilize basic tools e.g., wrench, screwdrivers etc. to set up durable medical equipment
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- This role entails prolonged sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling and climbing in and out of the truck. Frequent bending, twisting, grasping and squeezing and occasional kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching above the shoulder is required to transport and set up medical equipment as described
- Incumbents must have the ability to lift and carry durable medical equipment that weighs up to 75 lbs. for a moderate period of time (25% – 50% of the day)
- For those sites that dispense liquid oxygen, incumbents are required to occasionally lift pull, push, and carry containers up to 100 lbs.
- Regular and continuous eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity is required to set up, break down, test and repair durable medical equipment
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to email@example.com
- StateServ is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefits DOE.