Warehouse Equipment Cleaner – Sarasota, FL
This position supports warehouse preparations by cleaning and maintaining durable medical equipment materials and supplies. This role is only working out of the warehouse and not driving a company vehicle or patient facing.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Scans durable medical equipment as it arrives back to the warehouse from “pick-up”.
- Following prescribed instructions, cleans DME. Additionally, this role performs the most basic repairs on durable medical equipment, which generally entails replacing a part or piece of equipment, e.g., a wheel on a wheelchair.
- utilizes an automated inventory system to scan equipment to capture and update the status and location of DME from “cleaning” to “maintenance/testing” etc.
- Inspects DME to ensure it is patient ready, and cleans and sanitizes the warehouse.
- Monitors the inventory system to count of parts and alerts site leadership for reorders.
- Regular and reliable attendance at the warehouse is an essential function of the position.
Marginal or Additional Functions:
- May assist Warehouse Technicians with minor equipment maintenance using standard tools.
- May help DME Techs with readying, loading and unloading the trucks/vans.
- Ensures proper storage of equipment and supply inventory.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Work Experience or Related Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- The ability to utilize basic tools e.g., wrench, screwdrivers etc. to set up or repair durable medical equipment
- Experience in the healthcare or medical fields in which incumbents have worked with durable medical equipment is preferred
- Previous repair or warehouse experience preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A basic level of mechanical skills are necessary to work with DME equipment as described above.
- The ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions is required to ensure accurate completion of DME equipment repairs, maintenance, and set up
- The ability to protect and maintain the confidentiality of patient protected health information and follow standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with CHAP and HIPAA is required
- A safety orientation is required to perform work as described safely.
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- On a regular basis, the ability to lift, carry and move durable medical equipment that weighs up to 75lbs for a moderate period of time.
- Prolonged standing, sitting, walking, pushing/pulling and climbing in and out of the truck.
- Frequent bening, twisting, grasping and squeezing and occasional kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching above the shoulder is required to transport and set up medical equipment as described.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org