Job Opportunity – Site Manager – Dallas/McKinney, TX
Who We Are
StateServ Medical is the premier durable medical equipment (DME) provider in the hospice industry. We have provided hospice focused DME services across the United States for the past decade, offering services from both our Brick and Mortar operations and through our Network of over two-hundred fifty DME providers. StateServ has network coverage across 48 states and is the only DME Benefit Manager to implement multiple national hospice organizations.
If you enjoy working with people in need, like variance in a daily routine, and enjoy being out and about this may be the role for you!
Position: Site Manager
The Site Manager is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operations of a field location or a field location and a satellite location that delivers, services and picks up durable medical equipment. This role achieves profitability objectives through the effective management of operations and fulfillment of durable medical orders, warehouse and inventory management and labor.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Increases the site’s level of effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching and managing the performance of warehouse and delivery technician staff in a manner that embraces StateServ’s values of compassion, service, integrity, innovation and growth.
- Oversees and manages site operations to ensure that all office and warehouse procedures and controls are aligned with Company standards as well as federal, state and CHAP regulations and guidelines. This includes but is not limited to training for and enforcement of safety standards, inventory control, equipment handling and warehouse conditions.
- Monitors operations and expenses to ensure maximum profit margins. This includes but is not limited to monitoring staffing levels and related labor costs, site expenditures, asset equipment utilization and inventory.
- With guidance from senior leadership, develops and prepares an annual site budget and manages to budgetary targets. Monitors YTD progress and corrects/modifies operational direction when necessary to achieve targets.
Ensures service targets are met by effectively scheduling, supervising, and participating as needed, in delivery activities which occur during business and after-hour time periods, including achieving all time constraints and
contract service levels.
- Oversees inventory baseline counts, recovery procedures of all lost and damaged equipment, equipment marking and tagging procedures, and the verification of equipment for proper working condition and sanitization.
- Partners with the fleet management to ensure that routine maintenance and vehicle upkeep is addressed on all site trucks and vans.
- Organizes on-going staff meetings, training activities and continuing education on equipment, new procedures and processes.
- With the appropriate sense of urgency and dedication to service, addresses and resolves non-routine and escalated service related issues and challenges from patients, hospices and others. Ensures relationships and service integrity are maintained while implementing win-win outcomes.
Marginal or Additional Functions:
- Assists senior leadership in developing, interpreting and implementing new polices as requested or appropriate.
- Maintains a presence in the local market to maintain and build relationships. This may include performing and hosting in-service trainings, visiting clients and proactively communicating to ensure open channels of feedback.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education, Work Experience, Related Experience and Licensure:
- Knowledge of general business management as normally obtained by the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in business or a closely related field of study
- A current state issued driver’s license is required
- A confirmed driving motor vehicle record (MVR) successfully demonstrating no major violations in the past five consecutive years, no more than three minor violations or at-fault accidents in the past 36 consecutive months and no more than one preventable accident in the past 36 months
- The ability to manage the daily operations of a site as described as normally obtained through 2 years of progressively responsible experience. Experience managing P&L responsibility is preferred
- At least 1-2 years proven experience in a senior or lead role in which incumbent provided direction, training, coaching or guidance to others is required. Managerial experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in the healthcare or medical fields in which incumbents have worked with durable medical equipment is strongly preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to manage a team of technicians and create a highly supportive environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills are necessary as is the ability to remain customer service oriented during situations in which patients or caregivers may be frustrated or upset
- The ability to present information and communicate across all levels and externally to vendors, clients and customers is essential
- Strong organizational, leadership and decision-making skills are required to perform the functions as described
- Must have the ability to confidently embrace challenges and lead a team. Able to directly motivate and supervise others to achieve maximum performance
- Must take initiative and be highly motivated, creative and energetic
- Ability to interact professionally and cooperate with all levels of management, outside vendors, clients and patients
- Must be able to visit patients/DME partners and visually assess operations
- The ability to protect and maintain the confidentiality of patient protected health information and follow standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with CHAP and HIPPA is required
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- Working knowledge and experience with mobile phone equipment is required to relay information to customer service and perform on-call coverage
- Ability to utilize basic tools e.g., wrench, screwdrivers etc. to set up durable medical equipment
- This role entails prolonged sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling and climbing in and out of the truck
- Incumbents must have the ability to lift and carry durable medical equipment that weighs up to 75 lbs. for a moderate period of time (25% – 50% of the day)
- For those sites that dispense liquid oxygen, incumbents are required to occasionally lift pull, push, and carry containers up to 100 lbs.
StateServ is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits DOE.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org