Information Technology Service Desk Lead – Tempe, AZ
With general supervision and following standard operating procedures, this role provides excellent customer service to internal staff, clients, and partners by providing basic and complex technical and software related support. Ensures that end-user workstations, network performance, and proprietary SaaS application meet company and client requirements.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Responds to both routine and escalated service requests and problems in a customer service oriented manner. Promptly acknowledges, prioritizes, tracks and documents service requests and problems while maintaining the confidentiality of information processed, stored or accessed by internal and external users.
- Acts as a lead to address escalated calls or issues, provide guidance to others, and coordinate and delegate workflow to the team.
- Receives calls from partners and clients, troubleshoots advanced and escalated SaaS system issues including but not limited to new user requests, order issues, maintenance or changes in service.
- Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN). Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Provides computer orientation to internal customers (e.g., employees) and provides technology support which includes but is not limited to mobile devices, hardware, applications and SaaS.
- Reports on Service Desk and KPI metrics to IT Manager as well as fulfilling both company and or customer data analytics report requests as directed by IT leadership.
- Completes SaaS application testing as requested by IT leadership.
Ensures 24 hour technical support is available to internal and external stakeholders by participating in an on call
rotation for afterhours support.
Conducts research on desktop products in support of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluates and
recommends products for purchase.
- May work on special projects as assigned by IT leadership.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Work Experience or Related Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS or equivalent is preferred.
- Technical certifications are strongly preferred
- An in-depth knowledge of DMETrack as obtained by one year experience in which the incumbent performed the majority of work on DMETrack. Experience may include but is not limited to performing tasks in DMETrack such as ordering, billing, procurement and inventory, contract management and vendor management.
- The ability to provide desktop and basic and complex LAN support.
- 2-4 years’ experience working in a service desk environment.
- Experience in which the incumbent acted as a resource, led or supervised others is preferred
- One to two years direct customer service experience in a call center environment in which incumbents have business-to-business and business-to-customer experience as well as inbound and outbound experience
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required to perform the functions as
described, including the ability to present compelling solutions, portray professionalism, and instill confidence.
Incumbents must have a good attention for detail. A strong proficiency with business and communications
software is required.
Organizational and time management skills are required as is the ability to perform work with little direction and
work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Windows OS 7 and 8, Server 2003/2012 R2, Standard, Active Directory, MS Office Programs, SCCM 2012,
Anti-Virus / Encryption software, Ticket Management systems, Network monitoring, and Digital phone
- Lenovo desktops/laptops, HP/Lenovo Servers, Hubs/Switches, Desktop/Mobile phones.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org