Job Opportunity – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist – Tempe, AZ
With oversight from executive HR leadership, The Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist develops and implements the processes of sourcing, attracting, recruiting, interviewing and on-boarding employees that are able to prosper in the Company’s culture. This includes but is not limited to the execution of recruitment but also employment branding programs, referral programs, and engagement and retention metrics.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Seeks input from others and then devises optimal strategies and recruitment processes to effectively source, assess and onboard qualified candidates that fit the culture of the organization. This will include making recommendations to change the current staffing processes and potentially staffing policies as well.
- Acts as a business partner to work closely with internal teams and hiring managers to understand the needs of the role and the culture of the department. Develops strategies to source and qualify candidates.
- Manages and executes the entire recruitment process for candidates and hiring managers including resume screening, phone screens, behavioral interviews, assessments, decline notifications and offer extension. This also includes counseling candidates on benefits, salary, opportunities and the job environment.
- Utilizes exceptional judgment capabilities and relationship management skills to assess candidates and connect highly qualified individuals with hiring managers. May participate in the decision making process as appropriate.
- Maintains records of recruitment activities and tracks key indicators (e.g., retention, performance and time to fill) to assess recruitment effectiveness. Provides regular reports on metrics as appropriate.
- Identifies future talent needs and proactively builds a talent pipeline. May develop talent pools via community outreach, job fairs, social media, job boards, internet sourcing, staffing agencies, etc.
- Works with external legal resources to ensure that sourcing and recruitment efforts are compatible with employment regulations.
- Furthers the effectiveness of sourcing efforts through the development of college recruitment programs, internships, management development programs and employment branding programs.
- May assist with succession planning efforts to identify internal candidates to create bench strength for future openings.
- Participates with the development and implementation of company policies for talent bench-marking, talent assessment and interviewing policies.
- May participate in the exploration and implementation of an applicant tracking system or other recruitment software as well as possibly support and perform other HR duties as needed or appropriate.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Licensure or Certification:
- Knowledge of general business administration and employment as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration
- A PHR is preferred
Work Experience or Related Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years corporate experience recruiting for positions at all levels within an organization with a proven track record of hiring the right candidates for the right positions
- Substantial experience conceptualizing and leading the design and implementation of recruiting processes and programs
- Proven experience developing and implementing recruiting plans
- Additional HR experience preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The capability to understand what’s important for each position, hiring manager and the company while setting aside personal biases in order to find quality candidates
- Excellent judgement to assess candidates’ ability to perform the role and fit with the culture
- A detail orientation, good organization skills and a self-motivated mentality with an ability to prioritize work load
- The ability to project a professional image in appearance, communications and actions is required to represent the Company appropriately
- Exceptional interpersonal skills is required as is the ability to accept feedback
- Incumbents must have the ability to operate in a fluid and fast paced environment and a growing entrepreneurial company. This also includes the skill and ability to set forth processes, make decisions and operate effectively in the absence of defined processes, systems and precedent
- The ability to consider the end objective and set forth a recruitment strategy and tactical steps is critically essential
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- This position primarily entails work performed in an office environment requiring the ability to operate basic office equipment.
Work Environment, Conditions and Demands:
- Work is generally preformed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
- Position may involve inconsistent and occasional travel as required by business needs.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to email@example.com
- StateServ is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefits DOE.