Purchasing Administrator – Tempe, AZ
With direction from senior level finance and operations management this position provides the cost effective acquisition of assets, supplies and services for the company. Sets up purchases and special orders for company operating sites as well as logging, tracking, and confirming purchase orders. Enters purchases into the appropriate records and accounting system to ensure accurate financial and operational records.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Supports management in establishing purchasing policies for acquisition and receiving of company assets, supplies, and services that optimize quality, cost, and timely delivery criteria.
- Sources and coordinates supplier selection, tracks supplier performance standards, and conducts ongoing evaluation. This includes conducting research to identify potential suppliers, interviewing prospective suppliers to determine prices, discounts, credit and terms, etc.
- Processes the purchase, shipment, receipt and inspection of DME and other materials. This includes logging, tracking, and confirming purchase orders into the appropriate accounting system as well as DMETrack to ensure accurate financial and operational records..
- Works with inventory and operations management to ensure assets and inventories are optimally utilized before replacing. As such, also identifies opportunities to transfer inventory between sites verses buying new. .
- Prepares, maintains and reviews purchasing files and records, price lists, requisitions statuses, contracts and orders.
- Supports and leads cost reductions efforts, along with evaluating and sourcing new to market product offerings. .
- Responds to requests for specialty items by researching the product purchase and rental options, vendors and pricing. Provides options back to internal and/or external customers, following standard operating procedures and ensuring an acceptable profit margin is obtained.
- With support from finance, creates annual capital expenditures budget.
- Supports accounting by confirming correct data within accounting and DMETrack systems.
- Participates in regularly occurring departmental meetings.
- May assist with site inventory audits to run baselines and establish inventory levels
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Work Experience or Related Experience:
- A Bachelor’s of Science Degree in business, finance or a closely related field is preferred
- Three to four years of purchasing experience is required
- Demonstrated experience in which incumbent regularly interface with internal stakeholders and customers
- Strong data entry and accounting systems experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in the healthcare or medical fields in which incumbents have gained an understanding of durable medical equipment is strongly preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to maintain confidential patient information and follow standard operating procedures with regard to patient data to ensure compliance with HIPPA is required
- Detail orientation with strong analytical skills is essential to review pricing and reconcile data
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills is required
- Proficient and accurate typing/data-entry skills are required to record system information as described
- A high level of professionalism, customer service and discretion is required to represent the organization and interact with other organizations as described
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task, work under pressure and with tight deadlines, and work independently toward objectives
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- This position entails a high level of work performed at a computer terminal throughout the day
- Good eyesight or corrected vision is required due to continuous validation of system information
- On a regular basis, incumbent frequently performs repetitive motions at a computer terminal and is subject to prolonged sitting
- Regular eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity is required to operate office equipment
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
- StateServ is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefits DOE.