Purchasing Coordinator – Tempe, AZ
With moderate supervision this position provides the cost effective acquisition of assets, supplies and services for the company. Sets up purchases and special orders for company operating sites as well as logging, tracking, and confirming purchase orders. Enters purchases into the appropriate records and accounting system to ensure accurate financial and operational records.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinates the purchase order process for all operating sites. Compiles all MCPO’s and PO’s from sites, and validates requests against inventory stock. Gains executive approval for orders. Places orders with vendors and enters all purchase orders into proper systems. Follows up on placed orders to ensure they are received within an appropriate time period and ensures accuracy. Communicates to all internal stakeholders as appropriate, etc.
- Prepares, maintains and reviews purchasing files and records, price lists, requisitions statuses, contracts and orders.
- Responds to requests for specially items by researching the purchase and rental options on product, vendors and pricing. Communicates options back to internal customers, like Customer Service, following standard operating procedures and ensures an acceptable profit margin is obtained.
- Calculates the cost of orders, ensures invoices are charged to the appropriate accounts and may monitor inventory transfers for bookkeeping records.
- Supports and leads cost reduction efforts.
- Helps improve procurement processes for acquisition, receiving and tracking of company assets, supplies and services that optimize quality, cost, and timely delivery criteria.
- Works with inventory and operations management to ensure assets and inventories are optimally utilized before replacing or purchasing new.
- Supports accounting by confirming correct data within accounting and DMETrack systems.
- Participates in regularly occurring departmental meetings.
- May assist with site inventory audits to run baselines and establish inventory levels.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Work Experience or Related Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Some college or a bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Two to three years of procurement experience is required
- Demonstrated experience in which incumbent regularly interface with internal stakeholders and customers
- Strong data entry and accounting systems experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in the healthcare or medical fields in which incumbents have gained an understanding of durable medical equipment is strongly preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to maintain confidential patient information and follow standard operating procedures with regard to patient data to ensure compliance with HIPPA is required
- Detail orientation with strong analytical skills is essential to review pricing and reconcile data
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills is required
- Proficient and accurate typing/data-entry skills are required to record system information as described
- A high level of professionalism, customer service and discretion is required to represent the organization and interact with other organizations as described
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task, work under pressure and with tight deadlines, and work independently toward objectives
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- This position entails a high level of work performed at a computer terminal throughout the day
- Good eyesight or corrected vision is required due to continuous validation of system information
- On a regular basis, incumbent frequently performs repetitive motions at a computer terminal and is subject to prolonged sitting
- Regular eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity is required to operate office equipment
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to email@example.com
- StateServ is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefits DOE.