Procurement Manager – Tempe, AZ
With direction from senior level finance and operations management this position provides the cost effective acquisition of assets, supplies and services for the company. Establishes standard purchasing processes across the company.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Establishes procurement strategies for acquisition, receiving and tracking of company assets, supplies and services that optimize quality, cost, and timely delivery criteria.
- Works collaboratively with management team to coordinate supplier selection, credit and terms, track supplier performance standards, and conduct ongoing evaluation. This includes conducting research to identify potential suppliers, interviewing prospective suppliers to determine prices, discounts, terms, etc.
- Prepares, maintains and reviews purchasing files and records, price lists, requisitions statuses, contracts and orders.
- Locates suppliers, approves bills for payment, monitors subcontractor performance, calculates the cost of orders, ensures invoices are charged to the appropriate accounts and monitors inventory transfer forms for bookkeeping records.
- Oversees procurement functions of purchasing, expediting, shipping, receipt and inspections and logistics. . This includes logging, tracking, and confirming purchase orders into the appropriate accounting system as well as DMETrack to ensure accurate financial and operational records.
- Supports and leads cost reduction efforts.
- Communicates with customer service and inventory management the pricing and asset stock levels as requested.
- Responds to requests for specialty items by researching the purchase and rental options on product, vendors and pricing. Provides options back to internal and/or external customers, following standard operating procedures and ensuring an acceptable profit margin is obtained.
- Tracks and adjusts inventory for site transfers and equipment decommissions within DMETrack and accounting systems as appropriate. Works with inventory and operations management to ensure assets and inventories are optimally utilized before replacing.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Work Experience or Related Experience:
- A Bachelor’s of Science Degree in business, finance or a closely related field is preferred.
- Two to three years of procurement experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in which incumbent regularly interface with internal stakeholders and customers.
- Strong data entry and accounting systems experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience in the healthcare or medical fields in which incumbents have gained an understanding of durable medical equipment is strongly preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to maintain confidential patient information and follow standard operating procedures with regard to patient data to ensure compliance with HIPPA is required.
- Detail orientation with strong analytical skills is essential to review pricing and reconcile data.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills is required.
- Proficient and accurate typing/data-entry skills are required to record system information as described.
- A high level of professionalism, customer service and discretion is required to represent the organization and interact with other organizations as described.
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task, work under pressure and with tight deadlines, and work independently toward objectives.
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- The ability to maintain a flexible schedule is required.
- This position entails a high level of work performed at a computer terminal throughout the day.
- Good eyesight or corrected vision is required due to continuous validation of system information.
- On a regular basis, incumbent frequently performs repetitive motions at a computer terminal and is subject to prolonged sitting
- Regular eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity is required to operate office equipment
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number Y14-087