PM Lead Warehouse Technician – Denver, CO
PM Shift – Afternoons/Nights
With direct supervision, this role supports warehouse operations through the receipt, inventory, cleaning, repair and stocking of durable medical equipment materials and supplies. This role may also act as a resource for others.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Receives equipment, products and materials. Verifies packing lists, unpacks equipment, assembles and brands equipment with the appropriate StateServ information.
- Assists with inventory management control and methods by organizing the equipment and supplies, tracking daily delivery and receipt activities against stock and ensuring PAR levels are up to date.
- While following standard operating procedures tests equipment for proper function, cleans and sanitizes received equipment to ensure it is appropriate for redistribution. Logs cleaning and testing activities following standard operating procedures.
- Reconciles inventory as reflected in the system with daily delivery paperwork and makes note of discrepancies to account for missed or overlooked deliveries or drop offs.
- Maintains the warehouse by ensuring that equipment is placed in the proper areas, cleans the floors and takes out the trash as needed.
- Ensures that trucks and other vehicles are prepped and ready for route deployment. This may include but is not limited to fueling vehicles.
- Stocks trucks for daily equipment deliveries to ensure an adequate level of equipment is available.
- Stocks delivery trucks with rolling stock to ensure “ready” condition for the next delivery.
- Acts as a backup for DME Technicians and on occasion may perform deliveries, drop-offs and service calls.
- Participates in on-going staff meetings, training activities and continuing education to maintain relevant understanding and knowledge of equipment, new procedures and processes.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Work Experience or Related Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A current state issued driver’s license is required
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment is highly preferred but not required.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions is required to ensure accurate completion of DME deliveries, exchanges and pick-ups
- The ability to protect and maintain the confidentiality of patient protected health information and follow standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with CHAP and HIPAA is required
- The ability to operate a 14-16 foot box truck in a safe manner is essential and the ability to follow a city map and navigate a new daily route is required
- Ability to utilize basic tools e.g., wrench, screwdrivers etc. to set up durable medical equipment
- Good organization and prioritization skills are required to plan and stage equipment as described
- A safety orientation is required to perform work (e.g., driving, delivery, set up, loading and stocking of durable medical equipment as described) and follow safety operating procedures
- Spanish speaking skills are desirable but not required
- Working knowledge and experience with mobile phone equipment is required to relay information to customer service and perform on-call coverage
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- The ability to maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate unplanned events is essential
- On a regular basis, the ability to lift and carry durable medical equipment that weighs up to 75 lbs. for a moderate period of time (25% – 50% of the day)
- This role entails prolonged sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling and climbing in and out of the truck
- For those sites that dispense liquid oxygen, incumbents are required to occasionally lift pull, push, and carry containers up to 100 lbs
- Frequent bending, twisting, grasping and squeezing and occasional kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching above the shoulder is required to transport and set up medical equipment as described
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to email@example.com and reference job number Y14-081