National Director of Sales – National
With direction from the Company’s Senior Vice President, this role executes the sales and marketing strategy and supports the operational plans needed to implement those strategies. This includes implementing short and long term sales and marketing programs as well as service initiatives that will effectively enable market share, growth and profitability objectives. Additionally, the Director of Sales is responsible for targeting potential hospice customers within an assigned region and forming profitable, long-term contractual relationships to provide durable medical equipment and ancillary management services.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manages the recruitment, selection, employee orientation, training, coaching and management for professional level sales representatives. Promotes and manages performance to ensure that employee activities are productive and embrace the organization’s values of compassion, service, integrity, innovation and growth.
- Assesses current sales operations (policies, processes and programs), territories, forecasting models and incentive plans. Recommends adjustments to performance goals accordingly to ensure the sales organization is aligned with the long term organizational direction.
- Directs and coordinates tactical components of marketing plans. This includes but is not limited to tracking and managing marketing stock, to ensure appropriate stock is provided to the sales and client services teams at all times. This also includes recommending adjustments to marketing plans and programs to ensure they are aligned with the Company’s long term growth and profitability objectives.
- Enforces and follows marketing standards, internal control mechanisms, key performance measures and standard operating procedures. Maintains a consistent image and brand throughout all service/product lines, strategic relationships, promotional materials, and events.
- Ensures effective systems and tools are utilized in sales and marketing efforts. Leverages key metrics, dashboards and reporting to measure the success of the sales and marketing organization. Sets the example for the sales team and utilizes these systems and tools in management of assigned territory.
- Consults and collaborates with organizational leaders to ensure alignment of sales and marketing strategy and operational and financial capabilities. This may include leading internal communications and training to ensure that sales, marketing, operations and customer experience teams have the knowledge and resources necessary to meet ambitious sales and customer satisfaction goals.
- Performs research and follows up on established leads to develop and manage a viable sales pipeline. Maintains complete information on the universe of prospects in a designated territory.
- Understands client contracts regarding terms and conditions, renewal dates and any additional service amendments. Works effectively to ensure mutually satisfactory agreements and renewals that maximize services for the client while achieving company profitability targets.
- Develops relationships with the leadership and decision makers of hospice prospects in a designated territory and closes new business opportunities for the company.
- Meets with prospects and attends conferences to effectively develop, maintain and strengthen multiple relationships at corporate, regional and local levels and provides information and opportunities available from StateServ. Additionally, generates leads for prospective clients by effectively introducing the StateServ suite of services.
- Provides regular status reports on work as described in the Company’s contact management system.
Develops compelling proposals and presents to decision makers. Negotiates and closes contracts to ensure win-win solutions are in place.
Marginal or Additional Functions:
- Enters and captures contact information in the contact management database to build out territories, manage activities and ensure information regarding customer interactions, trainings and reports are up to date. Monitors and reports on activities and provides relevant management information.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influences and key strategic partners to promote business operations.
- Implements and oversees public relations and goodwill programs to improve the image and relationship with the public, medical industry, network partners, clients and customers. Responsible for planning, preparation and distribution of information utilizing vehicles including but not limited to social media, trade publications, etc.
Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Supervisory and Managerial Responsibility:
Direct supervisory/managerial responsibility for sales and marketing professionals and individual contributors to include hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, and managing performance to achieve Company goals and objectives.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Work Experience or Related Experience:
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of sales and marketing as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Sales
- A minimum of 8 years progressively responsible sales experience is required that includes experience mobilizing a professional, geographically diverse professional sales force
Experience in the healthcare or medical fields in which incumbents have gained an understanding of durable medical equipment, pharmacy or hospice operations is strongly preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- An awareness of trends and developments in the health and medical service industries and the ability to consider those present and future relationships to the organization
- Knowledge of provider fee schedule development in healthcare is strongly preferred as is a knowledge of durable medical equipment reimbursement and cost drivers
- An expert knowledge of commonly used concepts and practices and the ability to develop a comprehensive sales and marketing programs aligned with long-term objectives
- Good leadership skills are essential as is the ability to accomplish goals through others. A collaborative approach to organizational management is essential
- A demonstrated ability to resolve complex process/systems issues through the identification and analysis of problems from root cause to execution of resolution. Proven ability and expertise in implementing and institutionalizing sales and marketing initiatives with the ability to implement and manage comprehensive policies, programs and initiatives
- Excellent negotiating, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required to perform the functions as described. Incumbents must can navigate political arenas with ease as well as influence, persuade and negotiate with others while professionally representing the organization
Must have the ability to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
Travel Requirements and Conditions:
Heavy overnight travel is regularly required
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- This position primarily entails work performed in an office environment requiring the ability to operate basic office equipment.
- Work is performed in an office environment the majority of time. Incumbents may be required to visit client (hospice, home health care establishments) locations as well
- Working knowledge of a PC, business and communications software (MS Office) and web-based tools are required
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heavy overnight travel is regularly required