National Account Specialist – Lafayette, Louisiana
On a regular basis, provides ongoing, on-site support to the business to promote smooth operations and preserve relationships with key national account(s). This is achieved through research support, billing analysis, and the provision of operational metrics reports. Also acts as a liaison to ensure smooth facilitation of training, education and account management activities.
Responsibilities include the following:
- On a monthly basis, produces accurate bills for a national account(s) by pulling an encompassing company invoice and branch invoices. Conducts an extensive audit of multiple reports for errors, including but not limited to duplicate providers, non-contracted rates and inaccurate or missing specialty pricing. Identifies errors, and following standard operating procedures, adjusts pricing where appropriate and coordinates cross-functionally to address other outstanding billing issues.
- On a regular basis (daily, weekly, monthly), reviews and compares client EMR records with census data captured in DMETrack to determine where inconsistencies exist. Schedules pick-up orders through the system to addresses inconsistencies and identifies key training opportunities for providers and clients to promote timely capture of records. May work cross-functionally with network operations to address provider training opportunities.
- On an ongoing basis, provides key support to the client procurement by researching and providing pricing for specialty items as requested. This may entail ancillary research and sourcing through contracted providers, direct providers and/or manufactures. Once identified, enters specialty items information to enable order and accurate rates
- On a monthly basis and as needed throughout the month, supports client stakeholders by conducing DMETrack system trainings to increase working knowledge and billing accuracy. This includes but is not limited to training on placing orders, pick-ups and checking order status.
- Coordinates the administration of quarterly clinical and DME trainings with account managers and clinical specialists to provide support in the client’s ability to manage cost drivers and utilization.
- On a monthly and quarterly basis, receives data from multiple constituents. Collates and formats information into standard metrics to inform the client’s procurement and business leaders on operational benchmarks and trends. Presents business review to the clinical support leaders to communicate cost data, quality assurance, system statistics and utilization trends. Makes recommendations for areas of opportunity to effectively manage costs.
- Acts as the primary point of contact and provides account management support to local care centers (3-6)
Marginal or Additional Functions:
- Acts as the primary point of contact and provides account management support to local care centers (3-6). This includes but is not limited initiating regular contact to address issues and reinforce relationships, conducting quarterly business reviews, and addressing routine site specific issues where appropriate. Escalates complex as issues when necessary.
- May provide back-up support by setting up user access as appropriate.
- May provide research and support to internal stakeholders to conduct special projects when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Work Experience or Related Experience:
- Knowledge of general business management as normally obtained through 1-2 years of college level business courses. Experience may substitute for formal education to obtain a general knowledge of business management
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- One to two years of experience in which incumbents regularly interface with customers, client relationship management and provide problem resolution; Experience should also include administrative support that entails general analytics and the formal presentation of information
- Relationship management experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in the healthcare or medical fields in which incumbents have gained an understanding of durable medical equipment is strongly preferred
- Experience managing a project from inception to implementation is strongly preferred. Experience conducting training sessions is also preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required to perform the functions as described.
- Experience supporting multiple locations and the ability to build relationships across those locations is required
- Experience in which the incumbent has worked in an accounting environment with exposure to billing, reporting, and invoicing
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong Excel skills for reporting and other functions of the role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required to perform the functions as described
- Must be able to multi-task, have strong organizational and prioritization skills
- A basic understanding of the operations of the durable medical equipment industry and hospice industry
- General knowledge of medical billing practices. Must understand billing and payment issues
- The ability to be proactive and self-directed utilizing good time management, decision-making, and organization skills is required. Incumbents must be able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong research and organization skills
- The ability to quickly learn and apply a good understanding of StateServ’s products, technologies, and internal business functions
- Ability to plan and carry work through to completion, with limited supervision, with accuracy and with strong emphasis on attention to detail
- Ability to complete assigned projects and meet deadlines
Equipment & Software:
- Working knowledge of a PC, business and communications software (MS Office) and web-based tools are required.
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- This position entails a high level of work performed at a computer terminal throughout the day as well as moderate use of a telephone or headset equipment.
- Regular eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity is required to operate office equipment
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org