Lead Durable Medical Equipment Technician/Part Time – Portland, OR
With minimal supervision, this role provides support to the site leadership by assisting with the direction and assignment of warehouse and delivery operations. This includes but is not limited to providing guidance to others, responding to escalated issues, and coordinating and delegating the team’s workflow. Additionally, this role preforms the service, delivery and pick-up of DME equipment as required or appropriate.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Receives a daily route and required supply list and prepares the truck for delivery by pulling stock (e.g., wheelchairs, hospital beds, bathroom aids, medical supplies, etc.) and loading equipment on the truck.
- Participates with or leads a daily assessment and verification (Pre-Trip Inspection) of the truck, equipment and supplies and confirms basic safety operations (e.g., lights, brakes, mileage, vehicle appearance, etc.).
- Follows the daily route to accomplish timely delivery of requested hospice equipment.
- Performs safety assessments of patient environments following the standard safety checklist.
- Maintains continuous communication with the customer service team to relay a change in an order or issues with prescribed orders, position in routes, stock availability and to confirm delivery and pick up of equipment.
- On a daily basis, completes and maintains the driver log, the vehicle check out, the vehicle inspection and the oxygen manifest to ensure compliance with the Department of Transportation.
- Upon completion of routes, unloads returned equipment following safety and handling procedures.
- Stocks delivery trucks with rolling stock to ensure “ready” condition for the next delivery.
- On occasion, assists the warehouse by receiving and confirming new equipment following standard operating procedures.
- Acts as the emergency on-call back up for those times when a DME Technician is unavailable
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Work Experience or Related Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- A current state issued driver’s license is required
- A confirmed driving motor vehicle record (MVR) successfully demonstrating no major violations in the past five consecutive years, no more than three minor violations or at-fault accidents in the past 36 consecutive months and no more than one preventable accident in the past 36 months
- At least six months experience in a role that entailed regular interface with customers
- Experience in the healthcare or medical fields in which incumbents have worked with durable medical equipment is preferred
- Experience in which the incumbent has provided direction or guidance to others as preferred
- One year previous delivery or warehouse experience preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The ability to maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate unplanned events and participate in an on-call rotation is
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills are necessary as is the ability to remain customer service oriented during situations in which patients or caregivers may be frustrated or upset
- The ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions is required to ensure accurate completion of DME deliveries, exchanges and pick-ups
- The ability to protect and maintain the confidentiality of patient protected health information and follow standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with CHAP and HIPAA is required
- The ability to operate a 14-16 foot box truck in a safe manner is essential
- The ability to follow a city map and navigate a new daily route is required
- Good organization and prioritization skills are required to plan and stage equipment as described
- A safety orientation is required to perform work (e.g., driving, delivery, set up, loading and stocking of durable medical equipment as described) and follow safety operating procedures
- The ability to oversee and delegate to others is required
- Spanish speaking skills are desirable but not required
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- On a regular basis, the ability to lift, carry and move durable medical equipment that weighs up to 75lbs. is required as is the ability to set up durable medical equipment
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org