Job Opportunity – IT Systems Administrator – Tempe, AZ
With general direction from IT management, this role provides a single point of contact for end users to support and maintain and administer the organization’s infrastructure, computing environment, and networking services. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all Server, PC, and networking hardware and equipment to ensure infrastructure performance and compliance with HIPAA. The role also troubleshoots problem areas in a timely and effective manner to minimize down-time to the greatest degree possible.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Administers end-user workstations, servers, backups, networks, and supports end-user activities on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN). Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions. This includes but is not limited to the provision of day-to-day and an on-call availability for IT operational support, routine maintenance, disaster recovery, back-ups, network, physical security, security audits, production control, etc.
- Works closely with IT management to assist with the monitoring and support of the Hosted Data Center Facility for StateServ Medical SaaS app; DMETrack.
- Analyzes server, networking desktop, laptop and system(s) performance indicators to ensure system(s) are operating efficiently.
- Troubleshoots server/client applications and advanced TCP/IP communications problems. May prepare status reports and update management accordingly.
- Receives and responds to advanced service requests and problems in a customer service oriented manner. Promptly acknowledges, prioritizes, tracks and documents service requests and problems. Notifies customers of the status of issues as appropriate.
- Performs advanced networking, server, and desktop customer requirements/needs analysis, coordinates, and oversees the implementation and usage of various network / system tools. Educates customers in a respectful and considerate manner, developing and maintaining relationships with customers.
Ensures 24 hour technical support is available to internal and external stakeholders by participating in an on
call rotation for after-hours support.
- Assists in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs.
- Conducts research on server, networking, and desktop products in support of innovative procurement and development efforts. Evaluates and recommends products for purchase.
- Provides backup monitoring and troubleshooting digital video recorder (DVR) solutions for all corporate and remote locations to ensure the system is operating appropriately.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Licensure or Certification:
- Knowledge of computer science or a closely related field as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Work Experience or Related Experience:
- The ability to provide networking, server, desktop and advanced LAN support and assistance.
- 2-4 years experience providing support in the following areas: network, desktop, server, network, Microsoft applications, systems and phone maintenance and experience with Active Directory and Exchange administration.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required. The ability to interact and collaborate effectively with team members, technical staff, vendors and internal customers as described is required. A strong customer service orientation is essential.
- Implementing and supporting LAN and WAN.
- Experience working with ISPs and Telecom carriers.
- Experience supporting MS Windows 2003/XP/7/2008/2012 and MS Office XP/2013/O365 Suite, Disk encryption software, Cisco VPN Client, MS SCCM / Azure / Intune, Hosted Exchange environments and Hubs, Switches and Network Connectivity troubleshooting;
- Experience working with Lenovo desktops and laptops & active directory.
- Data center operations experience.
Incumbents must have a good attention for detail and be able to organize and manage license records and
information as described. Good organizational and time management skills are required as is the ability to perform work with little direction and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- Incumbent must have the ability to stand, sit, stoop, bend and reach to perform work on desktop applications as described. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. Incumbent must be able to lift and move material weighing up to 50 lbs., and function in an environment with constant interruptions. The nature of this job requires considerable walking as well as exposure to electricity and electronic equipment.
Work Environment, Conditions and Demands:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Travel is typically not required for this position but may be requested to service offsite locations and attend technical conferences or team meetings.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to email@example.com
- StateServ is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefits DOE.