Human Resource Business Partner- Tempe, AZ
With limited supervision and a strong knowledge of the organization’s structure, strategy, goals and challenges, serves as a trusted and valued HR adviser and participates in the development of the HR function. Provides professional-level, full-service HR support to partner with leaders in the management of all key people processes: employee relations, recruitment and onboarding, talent assessment/succession planning, performance management, learning and development, engagement, terminations, compliance, benefits and workers’ compensation.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provides ongoing advice and counsel to managers with employee relations, counseling, employee development and corrective action issues. Provides guidance to managers in preparing performance improvement plans, disciplinary action, and terminations. Makes recommendations to management to facilitate positive employee relations and HR education among management
- Autonomously conducts and facilitates internal investigations in conjunction with appropriate resources and stakeholders. Partners with corporate legal support to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with state and federal laws and company direction.
- Utilizing knowledge of employment regulation, HR best practices and company operations, works with internal and external subject matter experts to design, develop and implement sustainable learning and development programs for all levels throughout the organization. Measures effectiveness of efforts through key performance indicators.
- Supports HR leadership in the development, communication and implementation of core HR programs that drive organizational performance and culture (performance management, employee engagement, change management, talent assessment/succession planning, salary planning and compensation administration). Measures performance through key indicators and business results and makes recommendations as appropriate. Continuously evaluates and streamlines process to allow the organization to stay focused on people.
- Works through internal and external subject matter experts to design, develop and implement sustainable training and development programs for all levels throughout the organization that support the achievement of business objectives
- Administers health, welfare and retirement plans, referring escalated matter as appropriate. Fosters relationships with carriers and vendors and assists with marketing and communicating benefits programs, and coordinates benefits events
- Maintains a current knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and takes action to ensure policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance (e.g., EEO1). This may entail auditing current programs and practices and modifying or implementing new programs or processes to achieve acceptable standards.
- Works directly with managers to conduct job evaluations and analysis. Develops effective job descriptions and finalizes evaluation of roles. Supports organizational design activities where appropriate.
- On an ongoing basis, assess the pulse of the organization through exit interviews, observation, reviewing analytics and key performance indicators. Identifies opportunities for increased employee engagement and alignment with the organization’s values. Recommends actions to effect positive change and implements as appropriate.
- Partners with field leaders to ensure that safety and risk programs are in place, managers and employees have access to information and reporting requirements are met.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Work Experience or Related Experience:
- Knowledge of general business administration as normally obtained through the completion of a degree in business is required. A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources is preferred.
- A professional HR designation is preferred (e.g., PHR or SPHR)
- A minimum of five years professional level HR Generalist experience. Experience in a multi-site, multi-state organization is preferred
- Proven successful experience in coaching, interviewing and selection, performance management and training
- Knowledge of and proven experience administering a broad range of HR functions, programs and practices
- Demonstrated experience facilitating organizational change and fostering a link between business objectives and human resources activities
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A strong knowledge and understanding of employment law is required
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast pace entrepreneurial environment
- The ability to create and maintain a positive employee relations environment throughout complex and changing situations
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making and organizational skills
- A basic understanding of the operations of the durable medical equipment industry and hospice industry is preferred
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org