Dispatch Supervisor – Tempe, AZ
With objectives outlined by leadership, this position supervises a team of dispatchers to support StateServ’s commitment to service through the effective daily communication with DME Technicians and efficient routing. This role also supervises and reinforces a collaborative partnership with the customer service department to ensure a seamless workflow.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Increases the dispatch team’s level of effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching and managing the performance of customer service employees in a manner that embraces StateServ’s values of compassion, service, integrity, innovation and growth.
- On a regular basis, reviews daily, weekly and monthly activity reports to assess opportunities for increased efficiencies and reductions in fuel and labor. Partners with site leadership to capture opportunities and address dispatching challenges, whether driven by the system or an individual.
- Ensures quality levels of service by regularly monitoring and staffing the dispatch team to ensure appropriate coverage. This includes but is not limited to maintaining appropriately budgeted staffing levels, creating department schedules, managing PTO requests.
- Regularly directs departmental work flow. Redirects resources as necessary to limit overtime.
- Monitors and assesses key performance indicators (KPIs) to understand and measure performance, drive efficiencies, and maintain a high service standard. Redirects resources where appropriate to ensure efficient routing and effective management of time constraints.
- On a regular basis, assesses the activities of dispatchers to audit for adherence to standard operating procedures and to determine performance levels. Works with individuals and/or teams to provide timely feedback, coaching and training, and recognition for positive performance.
- Partners and collaborates with customer service, site leadership and other internal stakeholders to promote and support effective and efficient dispatch operations that emulate the organization’s values.
- Organizes on-going staff meetings, training activities and continuing education on equipment, new procedures and processes.
- Acts as an internal escalation point for complaints and complicated dispatch requests. With the appropriate sense of urgency and dedication to service, addresses and resolves non-routine and escalated service and operational issues and challenges. This may entail partnering with site leadership to ensure relationships and service integrity are maintained while implementing win-win outcomes.
- Assists senior leadership in developing, interpreting and implementing new polices and standard operating procedures as requested or appropriate.
- Allocates resourcing for other departments as necessary including client transitions and new client onboarding.
- Provides training for external clients on our ordering process as needed.
- Supervisory responsibility is entailed for a team of five – ten dispatchers.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Licensure or Certification
- Knowledge of general business management as normally obtained by the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in business or a closely related field of study
Work Experience or Related Experience
- At least 2 years proven experience in a supervisory role in which incumbent provided direction, training, coaching or guidance to others is required.
- At least 1-2 years progressively responsible routing and/or dispatching experience is required. Experience in the transportation industry is preferred.
- Experience in the healthcare or medical fields in which incumbents have worked with durable medical equipment is strongly preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills or Ability
- Ability to supervise a team of dispatchers and create a highly supportive environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills are necessary as is the ability to remain customer service oriented during situations in which patients or caregivers may be frustrated or upset
- The ability to present information and communicate across all levels and externally to vendors, clients and customers is essential
- Good organizational, leadership and decision-making skills are required to perform the functions as described
- Must have the ability to confidently embrace challenges and lead a team. Able to directly motivate and supervise others to achieve maximum performance
- Must take initiative and be highly motivated, creative and energetic
- Ability to interact professionally, cooperate with and partner with all levels of management, outside vendors, clients and patients
- The ability to protect and maintain the confidentiality of patient protected health information and follow standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with CHAP and HIPAA is required
- A high attention to detailed information is required to review employees KPIs
- Proficient and accurate typing is required for document creation and proper usage of StateServ Medical’s proprietary software.
Physical Requirements and Demands
- This position entails a high level of work performed at a computer terminal throughout the day as well as moderate use of a telephone or headset equipment
- The ability to view and continuously focus on and compare system information and work orders is required to quality review information as described
- On a regular basis, incumbent frequently performs repetitive motions at a computer terminal and is subject to prolonged sitting
- Regular eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity is required to operate office equipment
- The ability to maintain a flexible schedule is required to accommodate national time zones as well as to be available for real time communications from employees as described
- Working knowledge of a PC, business and communications software (MS Office) and web-based tools are required
- Familiarity with contact management software is strongly preferred
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to email@example.com