Customer Service Supervisor – Tempe, AZ
With customer services objectives outlined by customer service leadership, this position supervises a team of customer service representatives in the day to day customer service operations to ensure quality service for the intake of orders and coordinating the delivery, service and pickup of durable medical equipment (DME).
Responsibilities include the following:
- Increases the customer service team’s level of effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching and managing the performance of customer service employees in a manner that embraces StateServ’s values of compassion, service, integrity, innovation and growth.
- Ensures quality levels of service by regularly monitoring and staffing the customer service team to ensure appropriate coverage. This includes but is not limited to maintaining appropriately budgeted staffing levels, creating department schedules, managing PTO requests.
- Regularly reviews historical intake and scheduling data to identify opportunities that may reduce call volume and optimize workflows.
- Regularly directs departmental work flow. Redirects resources as necessary to limit overtime.
- Monitors and assesses key performance indicators (KPIs) to understand and measure performance, drive efficiencies, and maintain a high service standard. Redirects resources where appropriate to ensure acceptable management of call volume, work flow and troubleshooting basic and routine equipment challenges.
- On a regular basis, assesses customer service activity reports and participates in monitoring live calls and recorded calls to audit for adherence to standard operating procedures and to determine performance levels by customer service representatives and teams. Reports KPIs to leadership as appropriate and works with individuals and/or teams to provide timely feedback, coaching and training, and recognition for positive performance.
- Partners and collaborates with dispatch, site leadership and other internal stakeholders to promote and support effective and efficient customer service operations that emulate the organization’s values.
- Acts as an internal escalation point for complaints and complicated customer requests. May leverage DMETrack and call software to research and review client escalations to determine opportunities for improvement. Provides explanation and validation of the events surrounding the escalation.
- Organizes on-going staff meetings, training activities and continuing education on equipment, new procedures and processes.
- With the appropriate sense of urgency and dedication to service, addresses and resolves non-routine and escalated service and operational issues and challenges. Ensures relationships and service integrity are maintained while implementing win-win outcomes.
- Assists senior leadership in developing, interpreting and implementing new polices and standard operating procedures as requested or appropriate.
- Allocates resourcing for other departments as necessary including client transitions and new client onboarding.
- Provides training for external clients on our ordering process as needed.
- Supervisory responsibility is entailed for a team of five – ten customer service employees.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Licensure or Certification
- Knowledge of general business management as normally obtained by the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in business or a closely related field of study
Work Experience or Related Experience
- At least 2 years proven experience in a senior or lead role in which incumbent provided direction, training, coaching or guidance to others is required. Supervisory experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in the healthcare or medical fields in which incumbents have worked with durable medical equipment is strongly preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills or Ability
- Ability to supervise a team of customer service team members and create a highly supportive environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills are necessary as is the ability to remain customer service oriented during situations in which patients or caregivers may be frustrated or upset
- The ability to present information and communicate across all levels and externally to vendors, clients and customers is essential
- Good organizational, leadership and decision-making skills are required to perform the functions as described
- Must have the ability to confidently embrace challenges and lead a team. Able to directly motivate and supervise others to achieve maximum performance
- Must take initiative and be highly motivated, creative and energetic
- Ability to interact professionally, cooperate with and partner with all levels of management, outside vendors, clients and patients
- The ability to protect and maintain the confidentiality of patient protected health information and follow standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with CHAP and HIPPA is required
- A high attention to detailed information is required to review employees KPIs
- Proficient and accurate typing is required for document creation and proper usage of StateServ Medical’s proprietary software.
Physical Requirements and Demands
- This position entails a high level of work performed at a computer terminal throughout the day as well as moderate use of a telephone or headset equipment
- The ability to view and continuously focus on and compare system information and work orders is required to quality review information as described
- On a regular basis, incumbent frequently performs repetitive motions at a computer terminal and is subject to prolonged sitting
- Regular eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity is required to operate office equipment
- The ability to maintain a flexible schedule is required to accommodate national time zones as well as to be available for real time communications from employees as described
- Working knowledge of a PC, business and communications software (MS Office) and web-based tools are required
- Familiarity with contact management software is strongly preferred
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to email@example.com