Accounting Supervisor – Tempe, AZ
With direction and oversight from executive finance leadership, this position supervises and coordinates the organization’s operational accounting function(s), including maintenance and administration of the general accounting systems, analysis and consolidation of financial data, and financial reporting and statements.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Increases the site’s level of effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching and managing the performance of warehouse and delivery technician staff in a manner that embraces StateServ’s values of compassion, service, integrity, innovation and growth.
- Supervises and coordinates the operational accounting functions including the general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, billing and fixed assets functions. This role assesses performance standards and takes action to adjust direction and or coach and counsel staff to adjust performance where appropriate.
- Develops and sets forth processes, policies and schedules to ensure compliance with all operational accounting controls and objectives. This includes initiating and directing streamlined monthly close processes and schedules as well as preparing and reviewing audit schedules.
- Supervises others in the consolidation, analysis and reporting of financial information. This includes responsibility for all general ledger account reconciliations.
- Ensures that reports and statements are accurate, timely and appropriate for various internal and external users.
- Supports Finance leadership with financial initiatives, such as budgets, forecasts, and customer reporting as needed.
- Acts as a resource for accounting staff and users by providing training, education and responding to accounting system or process related questions.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Work Experience or Related Experience:
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of finance and accounting as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA certification or ongoing progress toward obtainment of certification is preferred
- The ability to effectively coordinate and direct the organization’s accounting operational functions and financial reporting functions as described as normally obtained through at least 3 to 4 years accounting experience at a progressively responsible level
- Experience managing others is strongly preferred
- Experience in the healthcare or medical fields in which incumbents have gained an understanding of durable medical equipment is strongly preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A solid technical knowledge of all functional accounting areas is required with a good understanding of US GAAP.
- A solid understanding of and exposure to the accounting and finance regulatory environment for private companies and an understanding of the regulatory environment for public companies. This includes the ability to consider the relationship of the regulatory environment with the organization as well as the ability to apply the appropriate principles in business.
- Incumbents should possess quantitative analysis and business analysis skills and be able to make effective judgments, recommendations and decisions on relative information to resolve issues.
- Good leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- The ability to encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members is essential. The ability to motivate, develop, and lead people to get results is required.
- The ability to be proactive and self-directed utilizing good time management, decision-making and organization skills is required. Incumbents must be detailed oriented.
- A good understanding of StateServ’s products, technologies, selling strategies and internal business functions is strongly preferred.
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- This position entails a high level of work performed at a computer terminal throughout the day as well as moderate use of a telephone or headset equipment.
- Regular eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity is required to operate office equipment.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number Y14-092