Account & Billing Analyst – Tempe, AZ
With general direction from corporate services and finance leadership, this role is responsible for processing,
researching and resolving complex billing issues to ensure timely and accurate financial information. This includes
confirming and preparing clients invoices, performing collections, verifying payments to vendors and reporting as
Responsibilities include all or most of the following:
Generates invoices and tracks and participates in collections activities of past due receivables to ensure areas of
A/R operate efficiently, meeting both the client’s and SSM service expectations.
Compares DME payments to hospice billing and performs contractual reviews to identify, analyze and mitigate
billing risks. Continuously evaluates billing systems and procedures, recommends improvements to management,
and implements as directed.
Creates and develops reports to address management needs; analyzes information to identify trends or issues
and recommends process improvements as appropriate. Implement changes as approved.
Acts as a central point of contact on all billing related matters for various internal departments including but not
limited to Corporate Services, Accounting, Network Services, Operations, and Partner Management.
Marginal or Additional Functions:
May manage complex billing and/or finance projects that require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and the
ability to deal with complex billing issues.
- Makes recommendations to senior management for developing billing processes designed to increase efficiency.
- Participates in on-going staff meetings, training activities and continuing education to maintain relevant understanding and knowledge of business operations, related procedures and processes.
- Maintains a level of currency in accounting and compliance related issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the role include the following:
Education, Work Experience or Related Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field is preferred
- Experience in an accounting environment in which the incumbent has gained a proficiency in billing, collections, accounts receivables cycles, and accounting practices is preferred
Experience in the healthcare or medical fields in which incumbents have gained an understanding of durable
medical equipment is strongly preferred
- Experience in which the incumbent implemented billing and/or collections best practices is preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to work independently and successfully manage multiple changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- Working knowledge of Federal and State laws regarding collections
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, weighted averages, and proportions to practical situations.
Equipment & Software:
- Advanced PC Skills are needed including excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- This position entails a high level of work performed at a computer terminal throughout the day as well as moderate use of a telephone or headset equipment
- Regular eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity is required to operate office equipment
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send your resume and/or relevant work experience to email@example.com and reference job number: Y14-084